Please find all the course details below. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or require advice – our friendly Student Services Team is always happy to assist.
- Course Overview
- Course Units
- Career Outcomes
- Where & When
- Entry Requirements
- Tuition Fees
- Ready to study?
- This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who use a wide range of well-developed cookery skills and sound knowledge of kitchen operations to prepare food and menu items. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
- Students study this course would include the completion of 48 Completed Shifts as part of the program.
- BSBSUS201Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR203Work effectively with others
- SITHCCC001Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC007Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC008Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC012Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC013Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC014Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC020Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP001Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHKOP002Plan and cost basic menus
- SITHPAT006Produce desserts
- SITXFSA001Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001Coach others in job skills
- SITXINV002Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXWHS001Participate in safe work practices
- SITXCCS006Provide service to customers
- SITXCCS007Enhance customer service experiences
- BSBITU306Design and produce business documents
- SITXWHS003Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- Career outcomes from this course could include:
- Commercial Cook
This course articulates into the following pathway courses:
- Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
Where & When
- Brisbane Intake: monthly
- Hobart Intake: monthly
- Delivery Mode: face to face and online
- The training package does not have any entry requirement, but NIET’s specific course entry requirements are:
- Australian Year 11 high school certificate or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- (International student only)
- IELTS score of 4.5 or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- Domestic Full Price: $8,000
- Offshore International student: $10,000
- Prices are indicative. Detailed pricing, terms and conditions will be provided in the Letter Of Offer when you apply.
Ready to study?
- IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
- Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
- ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
- APPLY ONLINE
- If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form includes a Quick Guide section. Please read the guide first so you have everything correctly prepared before applying. After reading the guide, just contact us if you have any questions. Click the “Apply Now” button below to go to the application form and guide.