Book a massage at NIET’s student clinic.
What do we offer?
Massage is proven to improve your energy, sleep, relieve aches and pains, reduce anxiety, help you relax, assist with weight loss, fluid retention/swelling, and improve your overall health. NIET’s Student Clinic in Brisbane offers the following massage options.
1 hour Relaxation (SWEDISH) massage ($15)
Swedish or relaxation massage aims to promote relaxation and loosen up the client. Often it is applied with gentle pressure using long gliding strokes, kneading and gentle muscle manipulations. It is effective in reducing stress, anxiety, improving sleep, circulation and much more.
REMEDIAL massage ($15)
Remedial Massage is a treatment which requires the client’s overall health to be assessed. This includes past and current state of health, current symptoms such as illness, muscular dysfunction or decreased range of motion, postural abnormalities, injuries, headaches, stress, or sciatica.
Remedial massage is often applied with a combination of massage techniques such as deep tissue, trigger point therapy, deep transverse strokes, stretching, Muscle energy techniques (MET)and taping/strapping to improve the specific physical symptoms experienced by the client. This helps to correct posture, mobility, and encourage the body to continue to heal itself. Often the therapist will give recommendations for between treatments consisting of exercises and stretches to gain a better outcome over time. Remedial massage can be performed in conjunction with other therapies such as osteopathy, chiropractics, and physiotherapy.
Terms & Conditions
Hours of Operation:
- Students can be booked from 12:15pm – 17:00 Tuesday and Wednesday, and 09:30am – 17:00 on Fridays.
Booking a Massage:
- When Booking a massage online, you will need to place a phone number so you can be informed if there are not enough students present.
- Clients may receive either Swedish or Remedial Massage styles depending on the students availability in the clinic on the day.
- Maximum simultaneous bookings 2 persons at a time.
- Clients are not able to request specific students, these are assigned by the Clinic Supervisor. Students numbers are purposely hidden and regularly change. In the case or rebooking, a request can be made for the same student, but it will be subject to availability of the client and conditions under the heading “Rebooking a Massage”.
- NIET cannot guarantee the gender of a massage therapist for you. NIET has an obligation to allow all students the same access to clients as each other under anti-discrimination laws. Students are taught industry required draping and can utilise massage techniques which allow you to remain clothed. If you wish to be guaranteed a specific gender for your massage therapist, we recommend you see the services at an established industry clinic.
Rebooking a Massage:
- Once you have attended the NIET student massage clinic, you can rebook a further massage online, with the reception desk where you paid, or by speaking directly with the Clinic Supervisor at the end of your massage.
- You can rebook a massage
- When Booking you will need to place a phone number so you can be informed if there are not enough students present.
- Clients are able to come to the clinic with the same therapist up to 5 times and then cannot have that student again. We need the students to have experience with different body shapes, ages, etc, for a diversified learning experience as part of their qualification. If you are unclear, please ask the Clinic Supervisor for more details.
Duration of massage:
- Students will not be permitted to complete a 90 minute or 120 minute massage for clients.
- Please arrive 10 minutes earlier than your booked time and ensure that you have paid for your massage at the NIET RECEPTION DESK in BUILDING 8 GROUND FLOOR prior to attendance. The early arrival will give you time to complete the required paperwork.
- Students are still learning how to massage and longer massages are not safe for them to perform until they have more experience. It could cause the student an injury.
- Furthermore, the government approved course does not permit 90 minute or 120 minute massages.
- If you would like to have a 90 minute or 120 minute massage, we recommend you see the services of fully qualified massage therapists in a non-learning clinic.
- Note that remedial massages may require some physical assessments to be carried out prior to you getting on the table, and the time taken to do this assessment will be part of the one hour massage time, which is industry standard.
Arrival for massage:
- Clients are requested to arrive 10 – 15 mins prior to their appointment time to fill in client forms, and speak to student therapists prior to treatment.
- Please be patient by allowing the students time to follow procedure and assess you before entering the clinic.
Payment for massage:
- Relaxation (Swedish) massage and Remedial Massage appointments are all $15.00.
- A further update which needs to be added is that if clients do not speak English, they must attend with a person who can act as an interpreter.
- After payment, please SHOW a copy of your RECEIPT to the student and/or the Clinic Supervisor prior to your massage.
- Aggressive behaviour will not be tolerated. Any enquiries, feedback or concerns please see the Clinic Supervisor so they are able to assist you.
- Clients are to wear underwear throughout the duration of the massage. Any breach of this requirement may lead to a ban from the clinic as well as reporting to the appropriate authorities.
- Please respect other people in the clinic and do not talk during your massage.
- Please use the feedback sheet to provide honest constructive feedback to students. This will help improve their skills and your experience.
Not able to massage:
- NIET does not permit the students to massage the following clientele:
- pregnant women
- people with disabilities
- people under 18 years old.
- This is a student clinic. Students are not qualified massage professionals and cannot work on conditions that require advanced skills. Please make an appointment with a qualified professional massage therapist elsewhere.
Late Arrivals and Cancellation:
- Late arrivals will not be offered additional time. Please book online if you require another booking.
- Money collected from the clinic goes towards daily clinic operations such as towel laundering service and oil.
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy.
Make a Massage Booking or Enquiry
To make a booking or ask a question, simply complete the form below and our Massage Clinic Team will respond to you as soon as possible. Please book well in advance (at least 2 full business days).