Please find all the course details below. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or require advice – our friendly Student Services Team is always happy to assist.
- Course Overview
- Course Units
- Career Outcomes
- University Pathways
- Where & When
- Entry Requirements
- Tuition Fees
- Ready to study?
- Trigger Point course specialises in learning techniques to increase mobility, improve performance and muscle elasticity with an overall improvement in biomechanics.
- In Trigger Point Therapy, the therapist locates and deactivates “Trigger Points”, which are often tender areas in the body.
- The major goals of treatment include, reduction in the spasm, induction of new blood flow, and thereby enhance oxygen supply to the affected area. The muscles are gently stretched to complete the relaxation process. This is highly recommended for students to study this course as a pre-entry course before the Diploma of remedial Massage.
- In this course, Participants will develop a thorough understanding of how to treat musculoskeletal problems using myofascial trigger point techniques, location and pain patterns of Trigger Points and how to apply these in practice, throughout massage sessions.
- This courses will cover the information such as:
- Identify myofascial trigger points and their pain patterns and outline the process for the identification
- Practically demonstrate the location and treatment of myofascial trigger points in major muscles
- Treatment areas covered include the major points on the torso (including gluteal area and upper chest), neck & face.
- Understand and demonstrate the stretching procedures used with trigger point therapy
- Incorporate trigger point therapy into a treatment protocol and demonstrate this
Where & When
- Brisbane Intake: weekly
- Hobart Intake: weekly
- Delivery Mode: face to face and online
- The training package does not have any entry requirement.
Ready to study?
- IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
- Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
- ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
- APPLY ONLINE
- If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form includes a Quick Guide section. Please read the guide first so you have everything correctly prepared before applying. After reading the guide, just contact us if you have any questions. Click the “Apply Now” button below to go to the application form and guide.