MY NIET 69 64381300
The Certificate III Remote Pilot programme is available via flexible blended online / face to face learning. International students taking the Certificate III should expect to attend class 2 days per week for supported learning and practical exercises with our approved remote pilot instructor.
Please note: The RePL is not a direct outcome of this course. Trainees seeking the RePL may also wish to consider additional optional certification with CASA including:
– Aeronautical Radio Operator Certificate (AROC)
– Formal Aviation English Language Assessment
– RePL practical assessment with a CASA ReOC Holder
– AVIF0013 Manage human factors in remote pilot aircraft systems operations
– AVIF3023 Apply regulations and policies during remote pilot aircraft systems operations
– AVIH3019 Navigate remote pilot aircraft systems
– AVIK3002 Use infotechnology devices in an aviation workplace
– AVIW3037 Manage remote pilot aircraft systems pre- and post-flight actions
– AVIW3038 Operate and manage remote pilot aircraft systems
– AVIY3073 Control remote pilot aircraft systems on the ground
– AVIY3074 Launch remote pilot aircraft systems
– AVIY3075 Control remote pilot aircraft systems in normal flight
– AVIY3076 Recover remote pilot aircraft systems
– AVIY3077 Manage remote pilot aircraft systems in abnormal flight situations
– AVIY3078 Manage remote pilot aircraft systems energy source requirements
– AVIZ3052 Apply situational awareness in remote pilot aircraft systems operations
Note: This list is indicative only and is subject to change without notice. Actual units delivered at the discretion of the Head of School. Prerequisites may apply to some units.
Typical examples of remote pilot work could include:
– agricultural pilot
– camera operator
– drone mission management
– event capture
– filming and photography
– firefighting and prevention
– geolocation work
– inspections and cleaning
– military operations
– pest control
– search and rescue
– security and surveillance
– surveying and mapping
– telecommunications and utilities work
It should be noted that some flight activities and drone types require the controller to hold a CASA Remote Pilot Licence (RePL). The RePL is not an outcome of this course but assistance can be provided by our instructors to students interested in gaining this additional CASA licence.
– This course is run in Brisbane with monthly intakes
– Delivery Mode: face to face on campus 2 to 3 days per week full time
– Duration: 6 months
The training package does not have any entry requirement, but our specific course entry requirements are:
– Australian Year 12 high school certificate or equivalent
– Basic computer skills
English (International student only)
– IELTS score of 6.0 (academic) or equivalent with no band score below 5.5
Domestic (Australian Student) Tuition Fees:
International Student Tuition Fees:
NOTE: Fees are payable in instalments. Prices are indicative. Detailed pricing, terms and conditions will be provided in the Letter Of Offer when you apply.
– Certificate III in Aviation (Remote Pilot)
– Online and text book theory
– 2 days per week classroom supported learning
– minimum 4 days training and flight assessment workshops
– student visa available
Please note: Personal drones NOT included.
There are currently no university articulations available directly from this course.
For articulations, please enquire about packaging this course with Diploma of Aviation Management or Diploma of Business.
IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form is located on the Airline Academy website here: