MY NIET 69 64381300
Please note: This programme is available to enrolled high school students only.
The aircraft engineering team offers innovative foundational skill building programmes at the Certificate II level specially designed for delivery in high school.
The course provides skills and knowledge that lead to further studies toward a career in aircraft maintenance engineering such as the CASA approved Diploma of Aeroskills full time course.
The Certificate II programme is conducted at a workshop in Archerfield or alternatively in-school by teachers supported by experienced aviation trainers and operational aircraft engineers. Students will undertake an aviation project and carry out a range of in-class and online training activities.
This course is open to both domestic and international high school students in years 10, 11 and 12 with no industry experience.
– MEA154 Interpret work health and safety practices in aviation maintenance
– MEA155 Plan and organise aviation maintenance work activities
– MEA156 Apply quality standards applicable to aviation maintenance processes
– MEA107 Interpret and use aviation maintenance industry manuals and specifications
– MEA157 Complete aviation maintenance industry documentation
– MEA158 Perform basic hand skills, standard trade practices and fundamentals
– MEA117 Apply self in the aviation maintenance environment
– MEA119 Perform administrative processes
– MEA238 Perform routine removal and installation of aircraft electrical hardware
– MEA239 Fabricate aircraft electrical looms and harnesses
– MEA295 Use electrical test equipment to perform basic electrical tests
– MEA264 Remove and install aircraft electrical/avionic components in line maintenance
– MEA265 Remove and install general aircraft electrical hardware
– MEA329 Maintain aircraft basic hydraulic and pneumatic components or parts
– MEA344 Remove and install aircraft components
– MEA345 Perform scheduled line maintenance activities
– MEA418 Perform basic repair of aircraft internal fittings during line maintenance
– MSMENV272 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
The focus of this course is to develop foundational engineering skills with a focus on preparing to enter formal training or apprenticeship for aircraft maintenance engineering.
– This course is run in Brisbane with intakes at the commencement of each school term
– Delivery Mode: face to face on campus 1 days per week OR in-school if available
– Duration: 1 year or according to school schedule may be taken over 2 years
The training package does not have any entry requirement, but our specific course entry requirements are:
– Australian Year 9 completed with pass in maths and English
– Basic computer skills
English (International student only)
– have completed 2 full years of school in Australia or;
– IELTS score of 5.5 (academic) or equivalent with no band score below 5.0 or;
– interview may be granted in some cases
Domestic (Australian Student) Tuition Fees:
– $200 per school term x 4 terms
International Student Tuition Fees:
– $1,200 per school term x 4 terms
NOTE: Fees are payable in advance of each term
– All online and text book theory training and resources
– prac equipment and resources
Please note: Prices are indicative. Detailed pricing, terms and conditions will be provided in the Letter Of Offer when you apply.
IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form is located on the Airline Academy website here: