Please find all the course details below. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or require advice – our friendly Student Services Team is always happy to assist.
- Course Overview
- Course Units
- Career Outcomes
- University Pathways
- Where & When
- Entry Requirements
- Tuition Fees
- Ready to study?
- This qualification reflects the role of an enrolled nurse working under supervision of a registered nurse. This qualification covers the application of skills and knowledge required to provide nursing care for people across the health sector. A lifespan approach should underpin this qualification with relevant competencies that relate to the different stages of life identified within the units.
- Students are required to attend 240 hours of work placement in aged care hour or community care facilities.
- Please note: This qualification is currently undergoing the accreditation application process with Australian Nursing & Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC).
- CHCDIV001Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCPRP003Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTAAP002Confirm physical health status
- HLTAAP003Analyse and respond to client health information
- HLTENN001Practise nursing within the Australian health care system
- HLTENN002Apply communication skills in nursing practice
- HLTENN003Perform clinical assessment and contribute to planning nursing care
- HLTENN004Implement, monitor and evaluate nursing care plans
- HLTENN005Contribute to nursing care of a person with complex needs
- HLTENN006 Apply principles of wound management in the clinical environment
- HLTENN007Administer and monitor medicines and intravenous therapy
- HLTENN008Apply legal and ethical parameters to nursing practice
- HLTENN009Implement and monitor care for a person with mental health conditions
- HLTENN011Implement and monitor care for a person with acute health problems
- HLTENN012Implement and monitor care for a person with chronic health problems
- HLTENN013Implement and monitor care of the older person
- HLTENN015Apply nursing practice in the primary health care setting
- HLTINF001Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS002Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- BSBWOR404Develop work priorities
- CHCLEG001Work legally and ethically
- HLTAID003Provide first aid
- TAEDEL402APlan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- HLTWHS004Manage work health and safety
- Career outcomes from this course could include:
- Enrolled Nurse
This course articulates into the following pathway courses:
|Name of University||Degree||Credits||Credit Type|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Nursing||9||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Arts||8||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Psychological Science||8||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Art and Design||4||Official Packaged|
|Charles Darwin University||Bachelor of Nursing||8||Official Packaged|
- Students entering a related Bachelor qualification may be granted advanced standing for the successful completion of accredited awards at AQF Diploma level, in recognition of the rigorous nature of the accreditation and audit process associated with the Australian Quality Framework.
- This course articulates into the following pathway courses:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Art and Design
- Bachelor of Nursing (Enrolled Nurse to Registered Nurse)
- Requirement: Be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as an Enrolled Nurse
Where & When
- Brisbane Intake: monthly
- Hobart Intake: monthly
- Delivery Mode: face to face and online
- The training package does not have any entry requirement, but NIET’s specific course entry requirements are:
- Australian Year 11 high school certificate or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
(International students only)
- IELTS score of 7 with no single component below 7; or
- PTE Academic with a minimum overall score of 65 and a minimum score of 65 in each of four communicative skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking); or
- OET with a minimum score of B in each of the four components (listening, reading, writing and speaking); or
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum total score of 94 and the following minimum score in each section of the test:
– 24 for listening
– 24 for reading
– 27 for writing, and
– 23 for speaking
- Domestic Full Price: $19,500
- Offshore International student: $22,500
- Prices are indicative. Detailed pricing, terms and conditions will be provided in the Letter Of Offer when you apply.
Ready to study?
- IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
- Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
- ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
- APPLY ONLINE
- If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form includes a Quick Guide section. Please read the guide first so you have everything correctly prepared before applying. After reading the guide, just contact us if you have any questions. Click the “Apply Now” button below to go to the application form and guide.