Please find all the course details below. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or require advice – our friendly Student Services Team is always happy to assist.
- Course Overview
- Course Units
- Career Outcomes
- University Pathways
- Where & When
- Entry Requirements
- Tuition Fees
- Ready to study?
This qualification will teach you how to design and implement educational programs that will stimulate learning and development, and get the skills you need to foster the holistic wellbeing of children. The students will work to implement an approved learning framework within the requirements of the Education and Care Services, National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They may have responsibility for supervision of volunteers.
This course requires a minimum of 240 hours to be completed in a registered and licensed children’s service over the period of the qualification. Placement must occur for the full duration of the study in the qualification.
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE016 Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE017 Foster the holistic development and wellbeing of the child in early childhood
- CHCECE018 Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE019 Facilitate compliance in an education and care services
- CHCECE020 Establish and implement plans f or developing cooperative behaviour
- CHCECE021 Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE022 Promote children’s agency
- CHCECE023 Analyse information to inform learning
- CHCECE024 Design and implement the curriculum to foster children’s learning and development
- CHCECE025 Embed sustainable practices in service operations
- CHCECE026 Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate education and care for children
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- BSBINN502 Build and sustain an innovative work environment
- BSBLED401 Develop teams and individuals
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- Career outcomes from this course could include:
- Lead Educator
- Service Manager
- Service Educator
This course articulates into the following pathway courses:
|Name of University||Degree||Credits||Credit Type|
|Griffith University||Bachelor of Child and Family Studies||8||Official Non-Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Primary)||8||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Primary/Early Childhood)||4||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Primary/Secondary)||1||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Social Science||8||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Social Welfare||5||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Arts||8||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Psychological Science||8||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Art and Design||4||Official Packaged|
Students entering a related Bachelor qualification may be granted advanced standing for the successful completion of accredited awards at AQF Diploma level, in recognition of the rigorous nature of the accreditation and audit process associated with the Australian Quality Framework.
Where & When
- Brisbane Intake: monthly
- Hobart Intake: monthly
- Delivery Mode: face to face and online
- The training package does not have any entry requirement, but NIET’s specific course entry requirements are:
- 16 years old or above
- Australian Year 11 high school certificate or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- (International student only)
- IELTS score of 5 or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- Domestic Full Price: $6,000
- Offshore International student: $11,000
- Prices are indicative. Detailed pricing, terms and conditions will be provided in the Letter Of Offer when you apply.
Ready to study?
- IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
- Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
- ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
- APPLY ONLINE
- If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form includes a Quick Guide section. Please read the guide first so you have everything correctly prepared before applying. After reading the guide, just contact us if you have any questions. Click the “Apply Now” button below to go to the application form and guide.