Please find all the course details below. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or require advice – our friendly Student Services Team is always happy to assist.
- Course Overview
- Course Units
- Career Outcomes
- Where & When
- Entry Requirements
- Tuition Fees
- Ready to study?
- This is a pre-entry course for students wanting to become massage therapists or those who might be considering a career in Massage Therapy, or those simply interested in learning basic skills to practice on family and friends.
- Deep tissue massage, the therapist will target chronic tension in the deeper layers of tissue in the body. Deep Tissue Massage applies deep pressure onto specific trouble points. It is a highly effective method for releasing chronic pain and stress in muscles that are over-used or have had past injuries.
- Swedish massage was invented in the 1830s by a Swedish physiologist and fencing instructor named Per Henrik Ling. It is believed that after an elbow injury, Ling helped himself recover by using percussion strokes around the affected area. This led to Ling developing the technique until it eventually became what we currently know as Swedish massage. It has since gained widespread popularity, inspiring people all over the world to pursue massage therapy certification.
- Deep Tissue Massage will show the students with slow strokes, and direct pressure or friction movements in massage techniques. It will reach down through the layers of muscle. It will show how to use their fingers, thumbs or occasionally even elbows to apply the needed pressure.
- Swedish Massage is the most common type of massage therapy, and what many people are thinking about when they hear the word “massage” or try to give someone else or themselves a good massage. Swedish massage uses a combination of these basic movements and present fundamental elements of bodywork, physiology, breath awareness, grounding, quality of touch, and stress reduction. This course will show you the techniques such as:
- Long, sweeping strokes (effleurage), usually used at the start and end of a massage
- Muscle kneading and rolling (petrissage), where the muscles are worked on just like kneading dough
- Friction, where deep pressure is applied to a spot with the thumb, fingertips, or knuckles
- Rhythmic tapping (tapotement), fast percussion movements like chopping and even pounding.
- Best for: An intro to massage, stress relief, relaxation, releasing cramped or tense muscles, couples massage.
Where & When
- Brisbane Intake: monthly
- Hobart Intake: monthly
- Delivery Mode: face to face and online
- The training package does not have any entry requirement.
Ready to study?
- IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
- Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
- ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
- APPLY ONLINE
- If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form includes a Quick Guide section. Please read the guide first so you have everything correctly prepared before applying. After reading the guide, just contact us if you have any questions. Click the “Apply Now” button below to go to the application form and guide.