Please find all the course details below. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or require advice – our friendly Student Services Team is always happy to assist.
- Course Overview
- Course Units
- Career Outcomes
- University Pathways
- Where & When
- Entry Requirements
- Tuition Fees
- Ready to study?
- This qualification will provide you with hands-on experience in areas of kitchen operations, food preparations and cookery skills. Upon successful completion of this certificate, you will be qualified to work in restaurants, hotels, hospitals or any commercial catering environment.
- This course includes the completion of vocational work placement for a minimum of 48 complete food service periods.
- BSBDIV501Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBSUS401Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC001Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC007Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC008Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC012Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC013Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC014Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC020Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP002Plan and cost basic menus
- SITHKOP004Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP005Coordinate cooking operations
- SITHPAT006Produce desserts
- SITXCOM005Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003Lead and manage people
- SITXINV002Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXMGT001Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXCCS006Provide service to customers
- SITXCCS007Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXHRM002Roster staff
- BSBITU306Design and produce business documents
- BSBADM405Organise meetings
- BSBCMM401Make a presentation
- BSBCUS402Address customer needs
- Career outcomes from this course could include:
This course articulates into the following pathway courses:
|Name of University||Degree||Credits||Credit Type|
|Southern Cross University||Associate Degree of Business||4||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management||4||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management||4||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Arts||4||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Psychological Science||4||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Art and Design||4||Official Packaged|
Where & When
- Brisbane Intake: monthly
- Hobart Intake: monthly
- Delivery Mode: face to face and online
- The training package does not have any entry requirement, but NIET’s specific course entry requirements are:
- 16 years old or above
- Australian Year 10 high school certificate or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- (International student only)
- IELTS score of 4.5 or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- Domestic Full Price: $14,500
- Offshore International student: $16,000
- Prices are indicative. Detailed pricing, terms and conditions will be provided in the Letter Of Offer when you apply.
Ready to study?
- IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
- Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
- ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
- APPLY ONLINE
- If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form includes a Quick Guide section. Please read the guide first so you have everything correctly prepared before applying. After reading the guide, just contact us if you have any questions. Click the “Apply Now” button below to go to the application form and guide.