Please find all the course details below. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or require advice – our friendly Student Services Team is always happy to assist.
- Course Overview
- Course Units
- Career Outcomes
- University Pathways
- Where & When
- Entry Requirements
- Tuition Fees
- Ready to study?
- This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
- Students are required to attend 120 hours of work placement in aged care hour or community care facilities.
- CHCADV001Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCAGE001Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE003Coordinate services for older people
- CHCAGE004Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS006Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCCCS011Meet personal support needs
- CHCCCS023Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCCCS025Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCDIV001Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- CHCPRP001Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTAAP001Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS015Provide individualised support
- HLTAID003Provide first aid
- BSBWOR204Use business technology
- Career outcomes from this course could include:
- Personal Care Assistant
- Aged Care Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Care Supervisor
- Care Team Leader
- This course articulates into the following pathway courses:
Where & When
- Brisbane Intake: monthly
- Hobart Intake: monthly
- Delivery Mode: face to face and online
- The training package does not have any entry requirement, but NIET’s specific course entry requirements are:
- Be of legal working age
- Australian Year 11 high school certificate or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- (International student only)
- IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- Domestic Full Price: $7,000
- Offshore International student: $8,000
- Prices are indicative. Detailed pricing, terms and conditions will be provided in the Letter Of Offer when you apply.
Ready to study?
- IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
- Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
- ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
- APPLY ONLINE
- If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form includes a Quick Guide section. Please read the guide first so you have everything correctly prepared before applying. After reading the guide, just contact us if you have any questions. Click the “Apply Now” button below to go to the application form and guide.