Please find all the course details below. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or require advice – our friendly Student Services Team is always happy to assist.
- Course Overview
- Course Units
- Career Outcomes
- Student Pathways
- Where & When
- Entry Requirements
- Tuition Fees
- Ready to study?
- This is an entry level course which will allow you to work in a childcare centre, become a qualified Nanny or work at a family day care. It provides you with the necessary skills to work in a range of early childhood educational settings and is designed to work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services, National Regulations and the National Quality Standard.
- This course requires a minimum of 120 hours to be completed in a registered and licensed children’s service over the period of the qualification. Placement must occur for the full duration of the study in the qualification.
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
- CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
- CHCECE003 Provide care for children
- CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
- CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practice
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- BSBSUS301 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR301 Organise personal work priorities and development
- Career outcomes from this course could include:
- Childhood Educator of Assistant Educator
- Playground Supervisor
- Family Day Care Educator
- This course articulates into the following pathway courses:
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Where & When
- Brisbane Intake: monthly
- Hobart Intake: monthly
- Delivery Mode: face to face and online
- The training package does not have any entry requirement, but NIET’s specific course entry requirements are:
- 16 years old or above
- Australian Year 11 high school certificate or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- (International student only)
- IELTS score of 4.5 or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- Domestic Full Price: $8,000
- Offshore International student: $11,000
- Prices are indicative. Detailed pricing, terms and conditions will be provided in the Letter Of Offer when you apply.
Ready to study?
- IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
- Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
- ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
- APPLY ONLINE
- If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form includes a Quick Guide section. Please read the guide first so you have everything correctly prepared before applying. After reading the guide, just contact us if you have any questions. Click the “Apply Now” button below to go to the application form and guide.