Please find all the course details below. Don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or require advice – our friendly Student Services Team is always happy to assist.
- Course Overview
- Course Units
- Career Outcomes
- University Pathways
- Where & When
- Entry Requirements
- Tuition Fees
- Ready to study?
- The PSP60816 Advanced Diploma of Translating (Mandarin-English both directions) reflects the skills and knowledge required to translate special-purpose texts from one language to another to convey information written using specific terminology for a specific audience.
- The qualification is designed for people who translate in highly specialized domains at the professional level in areas such as legal, medical, and business contexts.
- PSPTIS100Apply codes and standards to professional judgement
- PSPTIS101Negotiate translating and interpreting assignments
- PSPTIS060Analyse text types for translation of special purpose texts (LOTE-English)
- PSPTIS061Quality assure translations
- CUAWRT401Edit texts
- PSPTIS062Translate special purpose texts from English to LOTE
- PSPTIS064Read and analyse special purpose English texts to be translated
- PSPTIS063Translate special purpose texts from LOTE to English
- PSPTIS065Read and analyse special purpose LOTE texts to be translated
- PSPTIS068Demonstrate complex written English proficiency in different subjects and cultural contexts
- SITXLAN3415Read and write documents in a language other than English (Mandarin)
- PSPTIS002Build glossaries for translating and interpreting assignments
- BSBWOR501Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- Career outcomes from this course could include:
This course articulates into the following pathway courses:
|Name of University||Degree||Credits||Credit Type|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Arts||8||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Psychological Science||8||Official Packaged|
|Southern Cross University||Bachelor of Art and Design||4||Official Packaged|
- This course articulates into the following pathway courses:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Art and Design
Where & When
- Hobart Intake: weekly
- Delivery Mode: face to face and online
- The training package does not have any entry requirement, but NIET’s specific course entry requirements are:
- Advanced Mandarin and English skills
- Diploma or higher qualification
- (International student only)
- IELTS score of 6 or equivalent; or
- Pass NIET entry test
- Domestic Full Price: $7,000
- Offshore International student: $8,000
- Prices are indicative. Detailed pricing, terms and conditions will be provided in the Letter Of Offer when you apply.
Ready to study?
- IS THIS THE COURSE FOR YOU?
- Check the course details to make sure this is the course for you. We recommend that you also consult with your local aviation authority to ensure that you understand the cost and procedure for converting your overseas aviation qualifications upon your return home.
- ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Check the Requirements section to make sure you meet the criteria to enter the course. If you need to upgrade your English or your academic background, no problem, we can package these in.
- APPLY ONLINE
- If you are eligible to join this course and you have your funding ready, applying is easy! Our simply online application form includes a Quick Guide section. Please read the guide first so you have everything correctly prepared before applying. After reading the guide, just contact us if you have any questions. Click the “Apply Now” button below to go to the application form and guide.